Install and integration steps for AWS RDS (MySQL) for Alexis One-Click Anomaly Detection
Follow the steps in this link to start the MySQL database on the AWS RDS: https://aws.amazon.com/getting-started/hands-on/create-mysql-db/
- While configuring the MySQL database in the point number “d”(d: You will now configure your DB instance. The list below shows the example settings you can use for this tutorial) in the “Create a MySQL DB Instance” section. You can enable the ‘Enable storage autoscaling’ option as then it will automatically scale up the AWS RDS storage when needed.
- Once the MySQL database is started on AWS RDS. You need to create a schema in the MySQL database to store all the Alexis Software MySQL tables[The MySQL tables will be created dynamically by the Alexis Software in the schema of the MySQL database].
- To connect to the MySQL database you can use the MySQL Workbench. Here is the link to download the MySQL Workbench: https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/
- To create a schema in the MySQL database follow the steps in the “How to Use MySQL Workbench to Create a Database” section in this link: https://phoenixnap.com/kb/how-to-create-mysql-database-workbench
- Once the schema is created in the MySQL database, then provide that schema name to the Airflow variable ‘mysql_database_name’.
- To find the connection information of the MySQL database in AWS RDS. Please refer to the “Finding the connection information for a MySQL DB instance” section in this link: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonRDS/latest/UserGuide/USER_ConnectToInstance.html
Note: Please add all the 13 variables (which are mentioned in point number 3 in the “Post Airflow Installation” section in ALEXIS Airflow Installation and configuration for ALEXIS Customer guide) into your Airflow variables. Link to the ALEXIS Airflow Installation and configuration for ALEXIS Customer guide: https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/www.anomalydetection.io/documents/ALEXIS+Airflow+Installation+and+configuration+for+ALEXIS+Customer.pdf
- If you are not using integration with Slack or the Email Notifications then you do not need to provide a value to the following variables just mentioning the variable names in the Airflow variables is necessary: